Swap Attack!

So recently I've gotten super addicted to swaps on Ravelry. My first swap this summer was a mini Hair Accessory swap. I made a knitted bow clip and I received a cabled barrette. My second swap resulted in some lacy sock patterns, dpns, and yarn. I am currently working on a project with these that I will post the results of soon!
A couple of days ago though, this came in the mail:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The theme was "Scavenger Hunt" and we had to find items, like "Something Blue," "Something Local," and "Something Hard." Some stand out items in my box were a homemade bar of honey-chamomile soap, Shibui sock yarn, giant blue buttons, and a book of lace shawl patterns.

I went on a little adventure today to visit a yarn shop that I found online while I was bored a work. While the more well-known Spokane yarn provider is Paradise Fibers, there is a cute shop on South Grand Boulevard called A Grand Yarn. The ladies who work there are super sweet and they have a great selection of yarns! I needed some dpns for my new sock excursions, so I didn't splurge on a skein as well, but I know where I'll go first next time I start a project. I can't believe it took me four years to find it!

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...